What is Filosofo Comments Preview?
Filosofo Comments Preview is a WordPress plugin that lets you preview comments on your blog before you submit them. It should work with just about every WordPress theme right out of the box.
Can I see it in action?
Yes—here. Try previewing and posting a comment on my test page.
Will it work on my blog?
I’ve tested it successfully on WordPress blogs of version 2.0 or newer, including the cutting-edge alpha versions of WordPress.
What are some of its features?
- Works with WordPress’s threaded comments (as of WordPress version 2.7)
- Extremely simple to install: just upload and activate.
- Easy configuration in the administrative control panel.
- The preview looks as it would look if published, according to your settings (i.e. smileys, profanity edited, etc.)
- Works with “pop-up” comments.
- Flexible API allows for easy customization for those so inclined.
Where do I download it?
Filosofo Comments Preview 1.5 | December 10, 2008
See also the source tree at WP-Plugins.org.
How do I install it?
You must be using WordPress version 2.0 or newer.
- Download either the
filosofo-comments-preview.zipfile or the
filosofo-comments-preview.tar.gzfile here. Extract the files.
- Upload the
file into your plugins folder (in
http://www.%your_blog_address%/wp-content/plugins/) and activate it in your control panel.
- You can set the preview background color under Options > Comments Preview, and for advanced settings, see the frequently asked questions page (FAQ).
Internationalization and Localization: Filosofo Comments Preview in Your Language
You can get language localization files in some languages here. If you are fluent in a non-English language, please consider translating the .po file included with the plugin download.
I have suggestions or I need help. What can I do?
See some of the other WordPress plugins I’ve created.
Like this plugin? Is it worth a latte?
This month I have received $31.50 in donations for the free plugins I offer here, which is about $0.01 per download.